Dry Creek Elementary School, located on the west side of Port Angeles, is the third largest elementary school in the Port Angeles School District, and was rebuilt in 1996. The facility supports kindergarten through grade six classrooms, as well as outdoor fields for district and community recreation.
The parents, friends of Dry Creek students and our community are all instrumental in providing the additional support that makes learning at Dry Creek motivating and rewarding. We are always looking for more volunteers, so that every child has an adult advocate for his or her personalized support. This will allow us to continue our rich history of an elementary school that cares for kids and celebrates success. Please call us at 360.457.5050.
- At Dry Creek all students will thrive as responsible learning individuals and developing citizens.
- To provide each child the best possible basic education, concentrating on the whole child within an educational environment conducive to maximum individual growth.
- All students can learn.
- Families are an invaluable part of a child’s education.
- Dry Creek is a community of lifelong learners.
- Empathy is modeled and valued with grace.
- Students are treated fairly by adults.
- Diversity is valued.
- We provide a safe and respectful environment.
- Each day is a fresh start.
- Arts are an integral part of a child’s education to develop the whole child.
- Students learn what they are developmentally ready to learn.
- Our curriculum nourishes a student’s spirit and promotes lifelong learning.
- Dry Creek has a welcoming environment for all.
- All individuals learn differently.
- We value small class sizes.
- We extend grace to one another.
- Teachers know how to work together to increase student learning, yet have individual teaching styles.
Thank you for your support and interest in Dry Creek Elementary! We would love to hear from you! Contact the front office at 360-457-5050. If you would like to phone a staff member, please use this main contact number and the office staff will transfer you!